Saturday 9 June 2007

The post that nearly got away:

Here's a bit of a round-up of the things that I've been up to as of (kind of) recently:


Took a trip out to the Google Campus in Mountain View to partake in some top-secret paid user study for Blogger. OK the study isn't so top secret, but what they asked me is, so my lips are sealed there. Suffice to say there's heaps of cool things going down for Blogger. Woooo. Also I scored two juices and some snacks from the waiting room. Booya! Every trip to Google is delicious. Pictured is the seating area servicing some of the 14 free restaurants on-site.


Took a trip to Palo Alto, near Stanford to get some dinner. Ended up at Cafe Del Dogge a home, nay headquarters, for coffee snobs. It's part of an Italian chain, so things are pretty damn...Italian..inside. The baristas for one (good) the menu for another (bad). I'm no good with coffee after dinner so I got a hot chocolate. Even my friend the ardent coffee snob and Italophile, who's been there heaps, managed to get confused amongst the three kinds of hot chocolate and ordered the above. Looks good right? Tasted like...well, gooey 70% dark chocolate. Looks a LOT better than it tastes. Call me an infidel, but dark chocolate is a culinary deal breaker for me.


Other strange but more potent drinks to be found at RoHan Lounge, where we went for some birthday drinks. What it lacks in curb appeal it makes up for in atmosphere inside. The music is a nice level for conversation and the bartender was cute (OK not so much an objective view, but still). Being a fusion kind bar, the drinks are Asian-themed. I can't fault them cos they had a drink named after me, which was nice of them to do. The Ming totally kicked my butt though, so I guess I should be proud that even as a mixture of beverages I am strong.


And finally, here are some banana crumb muffins I made. They kicked ass if I do say so myself. The crumbs on top are basically sugar, butter and cinnamon, so deliciousness is guaranteed. A few steps to fatty-boombah-ness is probably also guaranteed, but what's life without some luxurious baked goods.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh yummy! *slurp*

miss clio said...

dang girl that looks GOOD!! i miss your apple pies & vanilla ice cream...YUM!!

Ming said...

haha thanks ladies. I know nothing draws attention like a good food pic ;-)

Miss T said...

Is this your new oeuvre - specializing in taking martini pictures? Not just food pictures, mind you. And you and I know how much research you need to be a good photographer.

savage73 said...

you left out 'flour' for your crumb top! heh.. I recently made some mmmmlicious Fig & Vanilla Cupcakes with a cream cheese & fig topping.. yuuum... i'll email you the recipe if you're interested! Should be cheaper in SF though.. dried figs are EXPENSIVE in sg.. :(

Ming said...

Miss T–you know I am nothing if not a good researcher ;)

Eugene–prease mail already! We got good farmers markets here which are soo great. ok hehe will stop gloating