Monday 14 May 2007

San Franciscans Beware

Today was my first time behind the wheel in over 6 years! Sis bravely took shotgun as I rediscovered manual. Don't worry–people and trees remained unharmed.

The good news is, I still remember my Aussie driving days. Bad news is, I still remember my Aussie driving days. I only stalled once and I can park ok, but I kept signaling with the windshield wipers and trying to change gears with my left hand. Booo. My worst thing is I still automatically keep left.

Come on America! Isn't it time you joined the rest of the world!! This keeping right business is so bogus. While you're at it, America, also look into: the penny (uselessness of), the Imperial system (uselessness of), the spelling (stupidness of) and the complimicated coffee (don't get me started).

I'll be the one turning right with the wipers going on a corner near you.

4 comments:

Starwolfgang said...

red!try driving on the right side of the road in crazy phnom penh!!

i still can never remember which side of the car the steering wheel is on...

Love Jo

Ming said...

Thanks darl, but one of us has less risk of becoming victim of a rabidly litigious society!

Starwolfgang said...

Gee 2 months in Yank land and already bitching about them!

Charleston said...

u is driving!? wheets wheets~